Hains Dental provides emergency care for patients in Robina, Varsity Lakes, Burleigh, Worongary, Reedy Creek, Mudgeeraba and Mermaid Waters. We are happy to welcome patients from anywhere on the Gold Coast and are centrally located at Robina (just off the M1) for your easy access.
If you are suffering from a painful toothache, something is wrong that requires attention. Contact us immediately to organise an appointment as quickly and conveniently as possible for you. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can be taken provided you are not allergic to them; however, do not exceed the recommended maximum dose.
Call us at Hains Dental Robina so we can stop the pain!
What to do if a Tooth is Knocked Out?
- If you still have the tooth. The sooner a knocked-out tooth is re-implanted the more likely it is to embed itself back into the gum. If you don’t want to be left with a gap, make an emergency appointment to see us and follow this advice:
- Handle the tooth by the white bit at the top (the crown) and avoid touching the root.
- Do not scrape or brush the tooth.
- If the tooth is dirty, rinse it for no more than 10 seconds with milk and try to put the tooth back into its socket in your mouth as soon as possible. Do not rinse the tooth with alcohol.
- When the tooth is back in its socket, bite down onto a clean piece of material (such as a handkerchief) to keep it in place.
- If you cannot re-implant the tooth, hold it between your cheek and gum until you manage to see a dentist, or store the tooth in a clean container and cover it with milk or a small amount of your saliva.
Call us ASAP 5580 9926
What should I do if I have facial swelling?
Facial swellings can be dental in origin, it can be caused by a dental infection. Contact us immediately for diagnosis and to receive treatment or antibiotics.
What to do if I Lose a Crown?
Crowns are usually made of ceramic material, keep your crown safe and call us. Most of the time a crown can be re-cemented into position but this should be done as soon as possible to avoid damage to the crown or the exposed tooth. Contact us immediately.